March 2017 Volume LII Number 2
Please review the following information to avoid delays in the processing of your registration or housing request.
Who Needs to Register
Anyone (member or non-member den- tist, dentists’ staff or dental student) who wants to attend any portion of the Scientific Program must register. All registration cat- egories for AAPD 2017 include all education sessions (except those specified), the Wel- come Reception, complimentary beverages in exhibit hall and the Scientific Proceedings. The guest registration is additional and must accompany that of an attendee; children are complimentary to the meeting, but tickets must be purchased for Social Events. Guests do NOT earn any continuing education credit; if seeking CE Credits, spouses/guests must register as Office Staff.
• Tickets to the Presidents’ Farewell Dinner are an additional fee and must be pur- chased separately; see the Social Events section of the registration form and make the appropriate notation.
• Additional tickets to all Social Events must be purchased during registration; onsite tickets for these functions may be limited and are subject to availability.
The cutoff for the advance fee is Monday, April 3, 2017. All registration forms submitted must be postmarked or date stamped on or before Monday, April 3, 2017, to qualify for advance registrations and receive the discounted rates.
Note: To receive the member registration rate for the 2017 Annual Session, your 2016-17 member- ship dues must be paid in full.
• Registration is complimentary if you regis- ter on or before April 3, 2017.
• Residents registering after April 3, 2017, or onsite are charged $150 in registration fees; no exceptions will be made.
• Student registration includes a ticket to the Welcome Reception; please indicate your intent to attend on the registration form.
Residents are encouraged to attend the New Dentist Happy Hour on Friday, May 26. Make the appropriate notation on the form and include payment to attend this fabulous networking event.
Registration Materials: What You Receive Onsite
Again this year, badges will not be mailed. Attendees who register in advance will bring their email confirmation to a Badge Pickup counter at registration to receive their badge(s), ticketed scientific sessions and social event tickets at self-serve kiosks. Upon confirming the details of your registration, you will be directed to a counter to pickup tote bag and Program Book.
Registrations are processed on a first- come, first-served basis. Complete all sections of the form and include proper payment. Each registrant must complete a separate registration form.
Phone: (800) 424-5249
Fax: (301) 694-5124
Credit card only. Allow five days for process- ing and receipt of registration confirmation. NOTE: Please do not mail after faxing.
5202 Presidents Court, Suite G100 Frederick, MD 21703
Credit card or check (drawn on U.S. bank in U.S. funds) must accompany a completed registration form. No wire transfers or pur- chase orders will be accepted. Allow 7 – 10 days for processing and receipt of registra- tion confirmation. Make checks payable to AAPD/Experient.
Please pick up your badge and materials at Registration. Registration is available dur- ing the following days/times:
Thursday, May 25 7:30 AM – 5 PM
Friday, May 26 7 AM – 5 PM
Saturday, May 27 8 AM – 5 PM
Sunday, May 28 8 AM – NOON
• Type or print all information on the registration form and housing form in black ink (please print legibly). To avoid completing the forms, register online at http://www.aapd.org/annual for the meeting and hotel.
• AAPD Registration and Housing Services Center is not responsible for faxes not received due to mechanical failure or circumstances beyond our control.
• Due to the volume of forms received, AAPD Registration cannot confirm receipt of faxed or mailed forms.
• Attendees must be registered for the An- nual Session (via form or online) in order to make hotel reservations within the AAPD hotel block using the official AAPD Registration and Housing Form or online.
• Most educational sessions do not require tickets. Seating is on a first-come, first- served basis. Many optional sessions, ac- tivities and events require additional fees and must be indicated on the registration form; applicable tickets will be included in your meeting materials.
• The Preconference Course, Breakfast Rounds, PALS, BLS and Evidence-Based Education Workshop require additional fees; please indicate session choice and include fees.
• Registration forms must be submitted on or before April 3, 2017, to qualify for the discounted fees. Registrations received after April 3, 2017, will be auto- matically charged the higher registration fees.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations postmarked on or before May 1, 2017, will be refunded less a $150 processing fee ($50 for office staff and guests).
Please read this information carefully. You must register for the Annual Session prior to booking your hotel reservation. All housing reservations must be made through the AAPD Registration and Housing Service Center. Only one reservation allowed per form.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to AAPD Registration and Housing Services for processing on or before May 1, 2017. No refunds will be given after Monday, May 1, 2017. After this date, any extenuating circumstances must be submitted in writing to the AAPD c/o Vice President of Meetings and Continuing Education Tonya Almond at 211 E. Chicago Avenue, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60611. Those refunds approved are pro- cessed after the Annual Session.
Refunds are not granted for no-shows.
Every effort is made to provide all ad- vance registrants with a confirmation of their registration. This notice will verify whether we received your registration prior to the deadline, and if the tickets requested will be issued.
Please check your registration and fee calculations carefully to avoid unnecessary delays in processing. If you are using Ameri- can Express®, MasterCard® or Visa®, provide complete credit card information, includ- ing each digit of your credit card number, expiration date, security code number and signature.
Name badges must be worn at all times by all registered attendees, including chil- dren, in order to gain access to any portion of the Scientific Program, Welcome Recep- tion, access to the Exhibit Hall, hospitality areas and all social events.
Children’s badges are provided without charge up to the age of 20; their names and ages must be listed on the registration form.
If you have any questions regarding reg- istration or housing, contact AAPD Registra- tion and Housing Service Center at (800) 424-5249 Toll-free U.S. and Canada (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST), (847) 996- 5876 International (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing Reservation Methods
Online: http://www.aapd.org/annual Fax: (301) 694-5124
Credit card only. Allow 7-10 days for processing and receipt of registration confirmation.
NOTE: Please do not mail after faxing.
AAPD 2017 Annual Session
5202 Presidents Court, Suite G100 Frederick, MD 21703
Credit card or check (drawn on U.S. bank in U.S. funds) must accompany a completed registration form. No wire transfers or pur- chase orders will be accepted. Allow 7 – 10 days for processing and receipt of registra- tion confirmation.
All housing requests must be submitted by Wednesday, April 26, 2017, by 5 p.m. PST in order to receive the AAPD discounted room rate. After April 26, 2017, rooms and rates are subject to availability.
Housing Information and Change/ Cancellation Policies
• Reservations are processed on a first- come, first-served basis.
• All reservations require a one night’s room and tax guarantee. The hotel de- posit may be paid with a check drawn on U.S. banks submitted with a form (mailed forms only). Checks should be made pay- able to Experient, not AAPD. Checks for hotel deposits should NOT include regis- tration fees. This deposit will be credited to your first night stay.
• Acknowledgement of reservati request is sent after each reservati form is pro- cessed, as well as each ti a reservati is modifi d/changed and or cancelled. For online reservati housing, acknowledge- ment is immediate. For fax/mailed forms, acknowledgement will be sent within two business days of completi of process- ing. Please review acknowledgements carefully for accuracy. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 14 days of submission, please call AAPD Registrati and Housing Services Center at (800) 424- 5249.
• All hotel room rates are subject to appli- cable state and local taxes in effect at the time of check-in (currently 10 percent).
• AAPD discounted room rates are appli- cable May 22 – May 29, 2017, subject to availability.
• Changes must be made on or before May 9, 2017, at 5 p.m. (PST) and online by accessing your registration/housing record or in writing via e-mail to aapd@ experient-inc.com.
• All cancellations must be received a minimum of 72 hours prior to arrival in order to receive a refund of your deposit. No refunds will be given for cancellations within 72 hours of arrival or for no shows.
• A portion of the room rate is used to offset the expense of registration and housing services.
Gaylord National Resort (Headquarters hotel)
$22 Resort Fee
Westin Washington National Harbor
Rates are subject to a current tax of 10 per- cent; tax is subject to change.
Click here for a PDF version of this article.