March 2017 Volume LII Number 2
Frenums to Pacifiers, Pearls for Treating Toddlers
THURSDAY, MAY 25
A – P
Dave Tesini, D.M.D., M.S.; Bobak Ghaheri, M.D.; Scott Rickert, M.D.; German Ramirez-Yanez, D.D.S., Pedo Cert, M.D., Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.; Josh Wiesman, M.S.
With the AAPD’s successful messaging on the Age 1 Dental Home, pediatric dentists are confronting issues of toddler dental care daily; in fact it takes up a major portion of the pediatric dentist’s morn- ing office hours. Providing oral health care to this cohort requires a special knowledge of diagnostic factors and treatment techniques not inherent in the treatment of the rest of our patients.
• Review the clinical importance of growth and development in the comprehensive evaluation of the infant and toddler
• Provide evidence-based guidelines on the management of ankyloglossia and the maxillary frenum as they relate to breast feeding and oral development
• Explore the importance of the developing airway and tongue posture in the growth and development of the oro-facial complex
• Understand how non-nutritive sucking habits can affect oral development and occlusal disharmony
• Learn how to identify and manage developing malocclusions in the primary dentition
New Approaches to Pediatric Pulp Therapy
A Lecture and Hands-On Workshop with Drs. Jessica Lee and Ron Hill
THURSDAY, MAY 25
5:30 – 7:30 PM
Registration fee of $275 includes a 2.5g kit of MTA, 2 CE credit hours and NuSmile hosted reception. Register by calling (800) 346-5133 or online at goo.gl/8Au4kQ.
Sponsored by NuSmile
Opening Ceremony & Keynote Address
FRIDAY, MAY 26
Meet Mel Robbins. Mel is a third generation entrepreneur, a married mother of three, and here’s a fun fact – she used to be a public defender representing violent felons in New York City.
She’s no longer arguing reasonable doubt to a jury; she’s teaching people around the world about the power of learning to push ourselves and how to break our habit of self-doubt.
You may have seen Mel’s TedX Talk "How To Stop Screwing Yourself Over," which has racked up over 10M views across social channels in 37 countries, and is climbing by the hour. Perhaps you’ve seen her on TV, she’s one of CNN’s senior legal and social commentators. Or on the pages of SUCCESS Magazine, where she is a contributing leadership editor.
"It takes five seconds to change your life."
Come hear from Robbins or grab a copy of her new book, "The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage."
Click here for a PDF version of this article.